Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Ice Damage

Yesterday a large piece of ice fell from the sanctuary roof and broke the skylight in my office. Smaller pieces of ice fell through the skylight. Thankfully, I was home sick and so only inanimate objects were damaged.

More significantly, the falling ice also damaged the structural integrity of the old roof over my inner office. For this reason, Dave Larimore advised removing it's contents and abandoning the inner room of my office. There is also a large pile of sleet, about shoulder high, sitting over the hallway the southeast corner of my inner office and the hallway between my inner office and the sanctuary. The outer room of my office (with the coffee table, etc.) is under the roof of the new addition, separated by a large steel girder and a brick wall, undamaged and not threatened.

Jenny's office and Linda's office are also unharmed and completely safe. For the time being I'll be officing from the parsonage.