Friday, June 22, 2007

Tip of the Hat to the Coffeyville Journal

In "A note from the Editor" on page 8A today, concerning editing of "Church news":

"Editing of the respective articles is done only as related to excessive length, not to content– however do not take advantage of this by attacking other faiths and beliefs. These are positive pages and expressions of faith– not negative. You will note that a certain infamous Kansas church, known for their hatred of everything and everybody is not on this page, though they send an article to the Journal every week."
If the editor has in mind the same "certain infamous Kansas church" that I'm thinking of, and I'm sure they are, my hats off to them. I especially like the refusal to use that particular church's name. I've long felt that any attention given to this church only serves to encourage them.